Need some refreshing and inspiring ideas for sport skills to teach? Try these simple to set up, self-running PE stations for your class to rotate around. Students work in groups of 2, and in some of the activities they play against each other, and in others they’ll need to work together – We’ve given you 6 station activities (striking, moving, bouncing, throwing & catching, kicking) to try below, part of the Grade 3-6 PE Skill Stations pack.
› The pictures below are printable station cards (right click to view/save) that you can print out and fold in half to laminate – you can put the cards down at each station to remind the kids what to do…
- Set up the stations below (you can choose students to help), with enough equipment for the class
- Explain and go through each station to the class
- Get the class into pairs, and put an equal amount of pairs at each station (e.g 24 students = 12 pairs = 2 pairs at each station)
- Allow 4-5 minutes for the kids to complete the tasks
- Blow your whistle – kids reset the stations and move to the next activity
- Keep going until each group has been around all the stations
Let us know you and your classes’ favourites – and check out 44 more stations in the resource pack, awesome for grades 3-6 ›››
50 exciting Sport Stations
1. 50 exciting Sport Stations
You’ll be fully equipped with 50 easy to set up stations, with clear instructions on how to run each activity. Get high scores and set new records as pairs work together and against each other! There are 10 activities for each skill element, for:
• Striking (hockey, tennis, baseball
• Moving (running, dodging, jump, balancing)
• Bouncing (basketball, handball)
• Throwing & Catching (baseball, American football…)
• Kicking (soccer)
2. Printable station cards
You are also provided with a file with all the stations, layed out in a way that you can print out, fold in half, then laminate to last a long time. You can then put the station cards on the wall, or on a cone at the station you setup, so kids know exactly what to do.
PE teaching has never been this easy! These activities are going to help turn your kids into budding sport stars, whilst developing your confidence in teaching amazing PE lessons.
Check out the pack now!